Wednesday 2 November 2011

Night time cuddles

We co-sleep. The three of us. In the big bed.

Matilda stays in between us during the night but ultimately ends up closer to Dani because she has the whole motherly thing going on and that's where the milk is.

Last night something very rare happened. Matilda snuggled up to me, and with my arm under her she fell back to sleep. I don't know exactly how long we were like this. I could have been minutes or it could have been over an hour.

It was (and is) a truly amazing thing that I would never experience if we were to force her out of our bed and make her sleep in her own room. Where she would be all alone, feeling abandoned and scared.

------------------------

Matilda, you can stay in the big bed for as long as you like, and you can snuggle with whichever one of us you choose to. I know that it will mostly be Mummy, but every now and then roll over and hug the papa (it makes him very happy). ksks.

papa7t.




1 comment:

  1. Hehe...I saw her doing it. It was sooo sweet and I knew how happy you'd be. :) (And it felt nice to have some space ;p)

    I think it was at least an hour..let's just say it was. :)

    The Woman with the whole 'Motherly Thing'

    ReplyDelete